Photron FASTCAM SA-X2
High-Performance High-Speed Camera System
To meet the requirements of the most demanding high-speed imaging applications, a balance of high frame rate, image resolution, dynamic range and light sensitivity is required. The FASTCAM SA-X2 high-speed camera system provides an optimal combination of these critical parameters, with sufficient performance to capture high quality 12-bit megapixel images at up to 13,500 frames per second (fps).
Taking advantage of the very latest CMOS sensor technology, the FASTCAM SA-X2 utilizes large 20µm square pixels to capture more light than any other high-speed camera. It is rated to ISO 25,000 (against the accredited ISO 12232 Ssat measurement standard) for monochrome 12-bit cameras and ISO 10,000 for 36-bit color (Bayer system, single sensor) cameras. Higher light sensitivity means less additional lighting is required, or higher framing rates or faster shutter speeds can be used with existing lighting conditiors.
The FASTCAM SA-X2 is controlled remotely through Photron's FASTCAM Viewer (PFV) software over a high-speed Gigabit Ethernet network, or locally via an optional handheld keypad. If a PC connection is available, then images can be downloaded via dual industry standard Gig-E ports. Alternatively, two SD card slots allow for the download of recorded image data from the camera without the need for a PC connection.
As with other FASTCAM SA series cameras, the SA-X2 includes both a C-mount and a Nikon G type compatible F-mount, as well as optional support for Canon EF lenses with remote control of aperture and focus, through our PFV software. Wrappers for both LabVIEW™ and MATLAB™ are available with PFV, as is our new automated motion analysis plug-in software - Photron FASTCAM Analysis (PFA).Download Photron FASTCAM SA-X2 Data Sheet
- Frame Rate Performance examples:
- 12,500 fps at 1024x1024 pixel resolution
- 13,500 fps at 1024x1000 pixel resolution
- 40,000 fps at 640x488 pixel resolution
- 100,000 fps at 384x264 pixel resolution
- 1,000,000 fps at 128x8 pixel resolution (Model 1000K only)
- Market leading light sensitivity (ISO Ssat 12232 standard)
- ISO 25,000 monochrome/ISO 10,000 color
- High Speed Dual Gigabit Ethernet interface provides reliable system communication and image download rates
- Two SD card slots allow fast image transfer without a PC connection
- Flexible frame synchronization permits synchronization to devices with non-stable external frequencies
- Four Internal Memory Configurations are available to support all application requirements: 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
- Integrated mechanical calibration shutter, Nikon F-mount (compatible with Nikon G type lenses), and optional Canon EF mount
- Optional Range Version provides sealed enclosure for electronics, thereby preventing contamination from dust and other materials